Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Trying my best not to work

I looked up my name in the name dictionary
and these are the results (Thanks, Dennis!.)

Kimberly

The name Kimberly gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious. You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships. Although you have a clever, quick, capable mind, your progress in life is restricted by instability in your affairs and misunderstandings with people. Your impulsive nature can lead to actions which you later regret taking, or to accidents. Relaxation is elusive, and depletion due to nervous tension can develop to the point where you become subject to moods of depression and morbid thoughts. Nervous tension centres in the solar plexus, with nervous indigestion and stomach ulcers a possible result.


Anyone who truly knows me knows this hits the nail on the head.

"Your impulsive nature..."- Absolutely (I'm thinking tatoo, going to Europe, a really, really impulsive email in bad taste and definite drunkeness that is the source of much embarrassment and several weeks of not speaking to my parents, and almost every relationship I've been in since I've been out of high school...the list goes on and on). Everytime I tell my friends that I need to tell them something, they say "let me sit down first." I'm constantly divulging some new idea I've hatched or some new crazy thing I've done.

"Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious."- my relationship with my parents. I've never minded going against the grain. In fact, I almost find it's necessary to my sanity...I'm always pushing the envelope. My poor parents...

"...with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary."- Every morning I try to remind self to never be complacent and to do at least one thing towards my goals.

And last but not least...

"...misunderstandings with people."- Well, we all know how Rudy can get...Although ever since my Buddhist college days, I think I've toned it down a bit.


1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

So I looked up my name. And it had me pegged for about 4 sentences. Then it fell apart. But those first 4. It was freaky.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home