Friday, January 28, 2005

Let the love flow

Wow. I've been going 100 miles an hour, non-stop. I wake up at 4:30am to clean my apartment because I can't seem to make the time to do it later in the day. But I wouldn't give up any of the many activities I've got going. Life is good. I'm blessed. Someone is smiling down on me.

I believe in Karma. And I believe I've put a few good vibes out in the world, and now they have finally headed back my way. May I never forget to continue giving and passing along happiness and genuine well wishes.

Last night Niki and I had a girls night in. It was heaven. After watching Sex and the City, going through her give to Goodwill bag of clothes (and taking several back out for keeps), we found ourselves sitting in her bed munching on popcorn, me sipping hot tea with two cats in our laps. We talked about boys- our favorite subject. We talked about life. We talked about how much we have changed over the years. We talked about the insanely hilarious things we have done. It warms the heart to have moments like those.

So I have been busily dating. And I realize how clueless I am about what I want from a man. Some days I want nothing more than the comfort of a stable relationship. I love to dream about marriage and babies and having the perfect little home. But then I look at my closet packed to the max and how I have my bathroom products arranged just so in complete disorderly order...and I think to myself, I don't want to invite anyone into my life. I like my life the way it is. I was never very good at sharing. And I know I can be a total spoiled brat...who would put up with that day in and day out, and why would I want to put up with them trying to put up with me?? We would sooooooo get on each others' nerves. Uggghhh...just get out already, imaginary man! You already make me sick.

So you see how I quickly become disgusted with that idea.

There's a movie out that says everyone has three great loves in their life. Well, hell, I blew right through those. I love to love. I love to feel. I love to be passionate. Why stop with three? I keep trying to convince myself that there have only been two great loves in my life so that I can hold out for a third, but there's no use. I have surpassed my alotted loves. And you know what that makes me....very lucky. I'm a happy girl.

Note to all my readers: Catch me mid week next week as my mood and hormones take a turn towards the pessimistic side.

This post is even a little too gooey for me, but I'm on a high...and I make no apologies for it!

Friends and Family- I will be having a private tour at the museum on February 27th! I'll keep you posted...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

Im happy for you and you sicken me all at once.

12:49 PM  
Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Three great loves, huh? Mine would be Sleeping, Eating, and Vodka. But sometimes I toy with the idea of having a fourth love, money, but that's the root of all evil, so I gave it up. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Why give up money as a love? I love money...root of all evil or not. It buys things. It gets me places.

I'm tired of guilt. I grew up as a preacher's daughter, and dammit, I'm guilty of so much I wouldn't know where to begin. Don't feel guilty for loving money or the material things it buys. Just love things in proportion. There's only so much money can get you.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home