Sunday, January 02, 2005

Join me in giving a hand to 2005!

So 2005 is here, and I'm ecstatic. This year is off to a grand start. I can feel the winds of change, and they are carrying me into the new year's with an ease that lets me know that everything is okay- In this very moment, everything is more than okay.

I rode 22.5 miles on a bicycle Friday. I really can't believe it. And I was ready to do so much more! I think I've just about committed myself to doing the MS150. Being outdoors cruising around on a bicycle made me feel like a little kid with no cares in the world- no bills due, no thought of scary criminals, no worries about what I need to pick up at the grocery store. What a way to end 2004! It felt like I literally left all my worries in the dust.

Then I went shopping- bought a size smaller jeans. What girl doesn't love that?

I put on my snazzy new jeans, my best friend's cute little black shirt, and my best "all-dolled-up but still natural" make-up, and I was ready to make a grand entrance at my new friend's New Year's Eve party.

He threw a WONDERFUL party.
1. There were just as many single guys there- and not just any single guys, but GOOD catches- as there were women. (My new friend being the best looking one though.)
2. The single women ducked out to go to another party.
3. There was a fully stocked bar to rival Dre's.
4. We started a fire outside, and all sat around drinking and talking.
5. I tried to leave about 11:30p.m. because I had a great evening planned for myself and myself alone that I looked forward to getting home to. Plus, I wanted to keep an aire of mysteriousness with my new friend (I need to come up with a nickname for him-let's call him muscles for now because, girls, he has them!). AND more importantly, we all know that when I drink my alter-ego Rudy comes out and wreaks havoc...or sometimes just embarrasses the hell out of herself. So I reigned her in for New Year's. So anyway, I was leaving, and one of the more outgoing guys hid my purse and keys because he didn't want me to leave. Muscles helped me find them. I thought it was hilarious. I gave muscles a happy new year's hug- it was midnight by this point, and I dashed home like Cinderella, turned on Sex and the City and passed out.

I loved it. I'm still not sure if Muscles is interested in anything more than friendship, but we've made plans to go to a movie next week and he's asked me to go to a jazz club with him. But if it's just friendship, I'm great with that too! I'm having so much fun...

I also got picked up on by the Jamba Juice guy. He ran out to my car and gave me a free juice card and told me that I was very beautiful...and ladies, that was with no make-up and in my gym clothes! What is going on these days? Have the stars aligned? Is Karma finally in my corner again? No, I think a smile and a no-worries attitude can make you exude more inner beauty than any amount of make-up or a new pair of shoes.

New Year's wasn't without a little verbal skirmish with my dad though. We were having a wonderfully peaceful meal together when out of nowhere he says something that he KNEW would incite me. And it did. And I left shortly after I finished my meal. We went from religion to feminism. And I was done with his one-sided, arrogant views for the day.

But I've had a wonderful weekend! Happy new year to all of you out there. I hope you're doing exactly what you want to be doing, and if not, start making steps NOW to get to where you want. Progress hurts sometimes, but it's in all of us to accomplish greater things.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home