Sunday, December 05, 2004

That's me..right there...on the VIP list

Saturday night I went to dinner with my best friend and her family/friends to celebrate her birthday. Very fun. We went shopping afterwards, and I bought this fabulous black top and earrings. I get so excited about adding a new piece to my wardrobe. Because I'm on such a tight budget, it's not often that I splurge for new sussies.

So I told the group that I had to get home early due to a scheduled bike ride at 7am the next morning. As I was driving home with Mr. Big's To Be With You blaring (it's my get-over-him song of choice for the moment- I particularly like the line about who cares about little boys who talk too much- that just hits the nail on the head!), Big Tony called and invited me to a VIP party at a fairly expensive, swank downtown club including two bottles of complimentary champagne. I glanced over at my too cute top, and I couldn't say no...

No bike ride Sunday morning for me. I could barely drag myself out of my bed over to my couch.

As I sat down to check my email, I turned on my stereo expecting to hear the usual mix of jazz/world music that are regulars in my 5-disc changer system. Instead I was hit with my college fight song. Oh no, what did I do last night...

I vaguely remember doing the fight song complete with all the hand gyrations...and for an audience no less.

The embarrassment is still setting in.

I think the embarrassing display of inebriation gets worse, but I choose not to search my memory any further. I know there was a 3:30am trip to the Cabana.

Anyway, I feel the need to justify why I went out. I'm feeling very guilty today. I had so much to get done today, but instead I squandered it away napping, eating a salty snack, drinking a little water, dragging myself to the bathroom, and repeating. How can just a few hours of drinking cause hours upon hours of hangover hell? And the less frequently I go out, the worse those hours in drinker's purgatory are. I had a few beers...in college I would have had that and then have taken an exam the next day without blinking twice!

I had a good time though. I felt that I deserved my night out. The ex called this past week in the middle of the night. I hadn't heard from him in months and just when I was actually believing Mr. Big's words, the ex has to get my hopes up again. But he doesn't know that...I was tough. I gave myself a high-five after it was over. And I meant every damn word I yelled at him.

I was celebrating this past weekend because I was able to get some things off my chest- to tell the ex how much damage has been done to "us". And how does he respond? He tells me to move to where he lives and marry him- he said he would have the ring waiting for me, and he's not even afraid to talk to Mr. Rudy-Dad. I just don't know...

And for a few hours this weekend, I didn't have to think about it. It was nice. Very nice. Sometimes running away from your problems can give some perspective, and then you can run back to your problem and take action.

And my action of choice...

Let's see what he's got. He better play his ace card.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Lee Sharp said...

At least you have an excuse rudolph.
Remember the night I did the english accent and beers around the world at richmond arms. Then picked a fight with that guy from staten islands voicemail. Then had to cut our conversation short to projectile vomit....

I had no excuse! I was just in a mood. Step back sister!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

That's so funny. I forgot all about the impromptu English accent night. That was classic, and you all of the sudden were so interested in soccer. Strange. It was like you were channeling someone else. A past life perhaps...

And what else is strange about that incident was how I just went along with it without any issues. Sure, my friend was a Texas girl with a subtle southern accent when we walked in, and now she's a English lassie. No worries.

Richmond Arms was plain and simply T-R-O-U-B-L-E. I wiped out a whole table when consuming one too many Long Island Iced Teas with Dre. And then Hickman had her whole incident that got us thrown out. Just bad stuff there. Why do we keep going back for more?

11:32 AM  
Blogger The Shib said...

because they have the best selection of international beers and people in houston

plain and simple

8:54 PM  
Blogger Dre said...

Rudy don't forget when you barfed on a table in there mid-conversation when we went there with Bruce, nothing but a bad scene! I don't think I've ever embarassed myself in Richmond Arms but well I've done it plenty of other places including but not limited to Australia!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Dre- that's what I was trying to say when I said I wiped out a whole table. I was trying to avoid using the word "barf" in any form or fashion on my blog. I was trying to be a classy gal- guess it's just not meant to be.

I did barf all over the table at Richmond Arms, and there was most definitely nothing classy about that.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home