Monday, January 31, 2005

No worries, Shib

I was promptly brought down from that temporary high. For the most part I had a most enjoyable weekend- spent quite a bit of time alone. I love alone time. I thrive on it.

Late, late Friday night or early, early Saturday morning (3 a.m. to be exact) my phone started ringing. Guess who?

The ex. Most likely drunk and ready to confess his undying love for me.

Asshole.

I had this plan for the moment he decided to try to contact me again. I was going to pick up the line and hang it up so as to not allow him to even get to my voicemail. Well, we played that game several times. And I realized it makes no sense to play these silly games when 1. he's drunk and 2. i'm barely out of my deepest stage of REM. So I finally turned the phone off.

No message the next morning. Just as well. But I must own up...I still cried several times this weekend. It rips my heart out everytime I think about him.

Things are going well in my life, REALLY WELL. But there's always a hole to fill. There's always a feeling of the grass being greener on the other side. I'm doing my best at loving THIS moment- THIS set of circumstances the powers above have given me.

On another note, I've been training for the MS 150 in April. I will be cycling 180 miles. Never would I have imagined my doing anything of the sort in a million years...

This weekend my parents bought me a very nice bike that cost almost a month's rent! (Again never in a million years....)Please send encouraging vibes my way, especially April 17th on the last leg of the race!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

well damn

I wasnt hoping for that.

Sorry girl. Im struggling with the grass is greener mentality as we speak. And in a bad way.

But good luck on the bike ride. Its admirable to complete such a thing

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home